Bamboo Shoots and Bell Pepper
If available, feel free to use a fresh bamboo shoot in this recipe. Boil the shoots for 15 minutes to soften, and then cut into 1⁄4-inch slices.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 can (8 oz.) bamboo shoots, rinsed, drained, and sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp. sesame oil
- In a small bowl, combine dark soy sauce, chicken broth, and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil, swirling it around the wok or skillet so that it covers the sides. When oil is hot, add ginger and stir-fry for 15 seconds.
- Add bamboo shoots and bell pepper. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add sauce. Stir for a few more seconds to mix the vegetables with the sauce. Turn down the heat. Cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the wok or skillet from heat. Stir in sesame oil. Remove ginger slices or leave in as desired. Serve immediately.