Banana Beer Bread
It may sound like a weird combination, but the yeastiness of the beer is complimented nicely by the sweet bananas.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and mashed
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 can or bottle (12 oz.) dark beer
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with pan spray, and line the bottom and short sides with a strip of parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, allspice, brown sugar, and salt; set aside. In another bowl combine mashed bananas, melted butter, and beer. Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix until just blended.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth the top. Bake 30 minutes until risen. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and bake 30 minutes longer, or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Tent with foil if loaf browns too quickly.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Continue cooling on a rack.