Banana-Blueberry Oatmeal Bread
Quick breads are easy to make. Their flavor and texture usually gets better if allowed to stand, covered, overnight at room temperature.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (3 oz.) light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup old-fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray containing flour, and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese with brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in mashed bananas, then add egg, egg whites, and orange juice and beat until smooth.
- Stir together flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to batter and stir just until combined. Fold in blueberries and oats. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until bread is deep golden-brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.