This recipe makes one loaf of moist banana bread, which can be served warm, cold, or toasted and slathered with butter. Banana bread makes a delicious bread pudding if you substitute toasted banana bread cubes for half of the bread called for in any recipe.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutes
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 medium very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar, honey, and butter in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy and light yellow in color.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add bananas; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the batter, mixing well. Fold in the pecans.
- Scrape batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on a rack.