This banana-coconut loaf recipe can double as a dessert recipe quite nicely. Serve with fresh banana and strawberry slices for a completely yummy treat.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ cups almond meal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup flaxseed flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine the almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, applesauce, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, eggs, bananas, and flaxseed flour in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Fold ½ cup chopped walnuts and coconut flakes into the batter (do not over-mix). Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Combine coconut sugar, remaining cinnamon, and remaining walnuts in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out dry.
- Let the bread sit for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.