Banana Coconut Muffins
For even more tropical flavor, stir in some chopped pineapple or dried mango chunks.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup grated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease one muffin tin.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and mashed banana.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon, mixing well.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir until the mixture is just combined and still a bit lumpy (do not overbeat). Stir in the coconut
- Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with muffin batter. (If you have leftover muffin batter, refrigerate and use within a few days.) Bake the muffins for 20–25 minutes, until they are a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.