Banana Macadamia Nut Muffins
What better way to start the day than with a banana nut muffin? Skip the boxed mix and make your own with this simple recipe.
Serves: 18Prep: 5 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Nutmeg
- 3 bananas, ripe and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Dry Roasted Macadamia Nuts with Sea Salt, toasted and chopped
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin tin or line wells with muffin papers.
- In large bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In medium bowl, combine bananas, both sugars, butter, milk and egg. Stir in dry ingredients and then fold in half of macadamia nuts.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining nuts.
- Bake until muffins are golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Transfer muffins to rack and cool.