Banana-Nutella Egg Rolls
To accompany these egg rolls, try serving them with coconut ice cream or a drizzle of warm caramel sauce.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 8 egg roll wrappers (6" × 6")
- ½ cup Nutella spread
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 cups peanut oil
- Slice each banana lengthwise, then cut each of those pieces in half.
- One at a time, place an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface with one of the diagonal points facing toward you. Spread about 1 tablespoon of Nutella on the bottom portion of the wrapper, leaving ¼" border along the edge.
- Place one of the slices of banana at the bottom. Brush the top corner and sides with water. Fold in the sides of the wrapper and continue rolling the egg roll up until it is closed. Press to seal, set aside, and continue with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a wok to 375°F. In batches, fry the egg rolls until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove the fried egg rolls to plates lined with paper towels to drain. Serve warm.