For a lighter pancake, separate the eggs and beat the whites stiffly. The banana can be either sliced onto the cakes or mashed and incorporated into the batter.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1½ Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. wheat-free baking powder
- 1 banana
- 1 cup rice flour (or substitute corn, chickpea, or tapioca flour)
- Extra butter for frying pancakes
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the milk, eggs, and melted butter together. Slowly add the baking powder, banana, and flour and process until smooth.
- Heat a griddle pan or large frying pan over medium heat. Drop a teaspoon of butter on it and when the butter sizzles, start pouring on the batter to about 2" diameter.
- When bubbles come to the top, turn the pancakes and continue to fry until golden brown. Place on a plate in a warm oven to keep the pancakes warm while you make the others.