Banana Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Ripe bananas and blackstrap molasses make this cake moist, rich, and flavorful. Top it with cream cheese frosting for a special treat.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup liquefied unrefined coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1 tub (16 oz.) cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with butter. Line bottom with parchment paper and butter parchment.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, blend bananas, oil, molasses, vanilla, sugar and milk, scraping down bowl as needed. Add eggs; mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Drizzle banana mixture over the flour mixture, stirring gently just until combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted and removed from center remains clean.
- Cool completely. Spread cream cheese frosting over top of cake.