As a banana ripens, the starches turn to sugar, resulting in added sweetness. Therefore, those browning bananas on the counter would be well used in this banana sherbet.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 medium-large bananas, peeled and chopped
- Heat sugar and water in small saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Once cooled, combine all ingredients in food processor or blender, and purée until very smooth.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.