Banana Split Cake
All the great flavors of a banana split are featured in this stunning cake. Cake mix and instant pudding mix make this recipe simple!
Serves: 12Prep: 35 minutesCook: 3 hours 40 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 2 bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping
- Maraschino cherries
- Bake cake as directed on box for two 8-9” round pans using eggs, water and oil. Cool completely.
- Make pudding as directed on package using pudding mix and 2 cups milk.
- Cut each cake horizontally in half. Place one half, rounded side down, on cake plate. Spread with ¾ cup pudding. Arrange pineapple on cream. Top with second layer, cut side down. Spread with ¾ cup pudding and arrange strawberries evenly over cream. Top with next cake layer, flat side down. Spread with ¾ cup pudding; slice bananas evenly over pudding. Top with remaining layer, round side up.
- In chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Frost top and side of cake with whipped cream.
- Spoon ice cream topping into resealable bag; snip corner. Drizzle over top and sides of cake. Garnish with cherries.
- Refrigerate leftovers.