Banana and Tart-Apple Bread
This healthful and delicious recipe is great with afternoon tea or milk. Double the recipe and freeze the extra loaf for a quick breakfast.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium green apple, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda
- 2 cups all-purpose or whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground mace
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a standard loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the banana, apple, eggs, milk, and butter in a food processor, adding ingredients one at a time until smooth. Mix the Splenda, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and mace in a large bowl. Add the liquids and blend well. Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes on a rack in the middle of the oven. Remove the bread from the oven and cool on a rack. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.