Banana Walnut Bread
Banana Walnut is the king of all quick breads, and this version is particularly regal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" × 5" loaf pan with pan spray, and line the bottom and short sides with a strip of parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add bananas and egg, and beat until creamy. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt; slowly stir into batter. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan, and smooth the top. Bake 30 minutes Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and bake 30 minutes longer, or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Tent with foil if loaf browns too quickly.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Continue cooling on a rack.