Banana–Chocolate Chip Muffins
Little bits of chocolate make these banana muffins taste heavenly!
Serves: 18Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup soymilk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegan margarine, softened
- 3 medium bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir soymilk and lemon juice together in a small bowl and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Cream brown sugar and margarine together in a large bowl until fluffy. Stir in bananas, vanilla extract, and soymilk mixture until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, stirring until just mixed. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins with batter up to ⅔ full.
- Bake muffins for 20–25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.