Bananas Royale à la Microwave
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tsp. packed light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 4 medium firm bananas, peeled and cut into ¼"-thick slices
- 6 scoops (½ cup each) vanilla ice cream, pre-scooped and frozen
- ¼ cup brandy
- Place the butter in a 9" round glass baking dish in a microwave oven and melt on high for about 30 seconds. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and cream. Microwave on high for 1½ to 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add the bananas, stirring to coat. Microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Put the ice cream on 6 dessert plates. Heat the brandy in a glass measuring cup for about 30 seconds and pour over the bananas. Ignite with a long match. Spoon over the ice cream and serve.