Barbecue Baked Beans
These easy and delicious beans make a wonderful side dish to take to a cookout or potluck dinner or to serve with any family meal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- ¾ cup water
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. dried thyme, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cans (28 oz.) pork and beans
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Add ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and celery; sauté until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato sauce, water, garlic, vinegar, mustard, thyme, and brown sugar to the skillet. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Add beans to beef and vegetable mixture. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.