Barbecue Chicken Pizza
This gluten-free pizza crust bakes golden brown and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Paired with a buffalo chicken topping, it’s the pizza to beat.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110°F)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⅓ cups barbecue sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 oz. each), cooked and shredded
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat a pizza stone in the oven at 450°F. Dust a pizza peel or large cutting board with cornmeal and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix yeast, water, and sugar together. Let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in flour and oil.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead with your hands until smooth and soft. Roll out to a circle about ¼" thick. Transfer dough to pizza peel and then to hot pizza stone.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove crust from oven.
- Spread 1 cup barbecue sauce over the crust. Top with chicken, onion, and peppers. Drizzle with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Cover the toppings with the shredded cheese. Return to pizza stone and bake for about 13 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley before serving.