This tangy, yet spicy meatball recipe goes well with some southern-inspired vegetables, or alone as a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 9 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups chili sauce
- 1 cup grape jelly or fig jam
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the chili sauce, jelly, and mustard in a 2-quart slow cooker and stir well.
- Cover and cook on high while preparing meatballs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients thoroughly. Shape into 20 medium-sized meatballs. Place meatballs on a broiler rack or in a baking pan and bake in oven for 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Add meatballs to the sauce in slow cooker. Stir well to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.