Barbecue Pulled Pork and Cheesy Spaghetti
Save to My Recipes
Macaroni and cheese is often served alongside traditional barbecue dishes like pulled pork. This recipe combines the two tastes in one dish.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutes
- 1 lb. gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (4½ lbs.)
- 12 oz. gluten-free chicken broth
- 3 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups gluten-free barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, and set aside.
- Place the pork shoulder, broth, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1½ teaspoons pepper in a 4–6-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours, or until fork-tender. Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Stir in barbecue sauce.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until a thick paste is formed. Gradually stir in cream and milk. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses and remaining salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix the cheese sauce with the spaghetti and pour into a large serving dish or casserole. Top the spaghetti with the pulled pork.