Barbecue Pulled Pork and Cheesy Spaghetti
Macaroni and cheese is often served alongside traditional barbecue dishes like pulled pork. This recipe combines the two tastes in one dish.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (4 1⁄2 lbs.)
- 12 oz. gluten-free chicken broth
- 3 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups gluten-free barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, and set aside.
- Place the pork shoulder, broth, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours, or until fork-tender. Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Stir in barbecue sauce.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until a thick paste is formed. Gradually stir in cream and milk. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses and remaining salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix the cheese sauce with the spaghetti and pour into a large serving dish or casserole. Top the spaghetti with the pulled pork.