Barbecue-Spice Rubbed Steak
Rubs are quite variable. Try creating some of your own combinations and have fun with them!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1½ lbs. bone-in sirloin steak, well trimmed
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. plain, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp. salt
- Place the meat in a glass baking dish. Mix the rest of the ingredients into a paste. Spread them over the steak on both sides. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Set grill at medium. Grill the steak over medium high heat for 5 minutes per side for medium-rare meat.
- When done, let steak rest for 10 minutes to keep it juicy.