Barbecued Pork Ribs
Serve with jalapeño corn bread and corn on the cob.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 dried chipotle peppers
- ½ cup water
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 lbs. pork ribs
- Preheat grill to medium setting.
- Place the peppers in a small saucepan with the water; cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until the peppers are plump. Drain off the water. Cut the peppers into ¼" pieces.
- Combine peppers, onion, garlic, vinegar, honey, mustard, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a medium saucepan; stir well. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Reserve ½ cup to be served as a dipping sauce with the meal.
- Grill ribs, about 10 minutes per side, basting occasionally with the sauce. Serve with reserved dipping sauce.