Barbecued Ribs with Spicy Sauce
These delicious ribs are oven-barbecued with a spicy homemade sauce.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 lbs. pork spareribs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large roasting pan with heavy-duty foil.
- Cut racks of ribs into smaller portions of about 3 or 4 ribs each, slicing between the ribs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place ribs in the prepared pan. Cover with onions.
- Combine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder, ketchup, water, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon ground black pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring. Pour over ribs.
- Cover the roasting pan with foil and bake for about 1½–2 hours or until very tender. Baste occasionally and turn spareribs a few times. Remove foil cover for the last 15 minutes of baking to let ribs brown.