Aioli and mayonnaise are made with basically the same ingredients, with one exception: aioli has a good lot of garlic flavor in it. It's loaded with character and can be served with seafood as a dressing, spooned into Mediterranean seafood stews and soups, or spread on gluten-free bread and sprinkled with cheese for a tasty crouton.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. gluten-free English mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place the eggs, garlic, mustard, and lemon juice or vinegar in the jar of an electric blender. Blend vigorously.
- Turn motor to low and very slowly add the oils, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate in a closed container.