Basic Banana Muffins
Fresh-baked banana muffins have a sweet flavor. For an extra touch of flavor, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of sweetened coconut flakes to the muffin batter.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease one muffin tin.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and mashed banana.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon, mixing well.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir until the mixture is just combined and still a bit lumpy (do not overbeat).
- Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with muffin batter. (If you have leftover muffin batter, refrigerate and use within a few days.) Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until they are a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.