Basic Beef Gravy
For best results, wait until the meat is cooked before making the gravy.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 ½ Tbsp. meat drippings
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. celery salt
- Heat the meat drippings in a frying pan on medium.
- While the drippings are heating, whisk the flour into the beef broth, trying to remove all the lumps.
- Reduce heat to low and use a whisk to slowly add the broth and flour mixture to the meat drippings. Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens into gravy (this will take several minutes).
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and celery salt. Serve immediately.