Basic Beef Meatballs
These classic meatballs are great served over pasta or as appetizers. If served as appetizers, smaller bite-sized meatballs work best.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 5 thick slices day-old or toasted Italian bread
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Soak the bread in water for 1 minute. Thoroughly squeeze out all the liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soaked bread, garlic, parsley, ground beef, egg, cheese, and pepper. Form the mixture into balls about 2 to 3 inches in size.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry meatballs for 30 minutes, uncovered, turning occasionally until cooked through.
- Transfer the meatballs to paper towels to drain.