Basic Bread Stuffing
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cups dry bread cubes
- 4 large stalks celery (with leaves attached)
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place the bread cubes in a very large bowl. Chop the celery, including the leaves, and toss it and the onion with the bread. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning and toss again.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over the bread mixture, tossing lightly. Add broth until the bread mixture is evenly moist but not wet; the amount will depend on how dry the cubes are.
- Place in a lightly greased 3-quart baking dish and bake uncovered at 325°F for about 45 minutes.