Basic Cheese Omelet
If you don't have Swiss cheese on hand, try Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese. Either would combine nicely with the chili powder in this recipe.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup grated Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the milk. Stir in the salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over low heat. Swirl the butter around to coat the pan entirely.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Cook over low heat. After the omelet has been cooking for 2–3 minutes, sprinkle the grated cheese over half of the omelet.
- Tilt the pan occasionally or lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula so that the uncooked egg runs underneath.
- When the omelet is cooked evenly throughout (about 3–4 minutes more), loosen the edges of the omelet with a spatula. Carefully slide the spatula underneath the omelet and fold it in half. Slide the omelet onto a plate.