Basic Cheese Pizza
This recipe has as many variations as your imagination allows. Experiment with different toppings and combinations.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried basil
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease 2 pizza pans with 1⁄2 tablespoon oil.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface into 2 large circles. Place the rolled dough on the pizza pans.
- Ladle the sauce over the dough, spreading it out evenly over the surface. Top with the cheeses and sprinkle with garlic, oregano, basil, marjoram, and pepper. Drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the dough is cooked through.