Basic Chicken Wraps
Cream cheese is the “glue” that holds a wrap together. It’s very simple to flavor the cream cheese for a nice twist.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. seasoned salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 low-carb tortillas (eight inches), at room temperature
- 2 cups sliced or cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl (or use a food processor to blend until smooth).
- Place the tortillas on a clean work surface. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture on the upper third of each tortilla, about 1⁄2 inch from the edge. Place half of the chicken on the lower third of each tortilla. Top each with onions and spinach.
- Roll up each wrap: Starting from the bottom, fold the tortilla over the filling and roll upward, compressing slightly to form a firm roll. Press at the top to “seal” the wrap closed with the cream cheese mixture. Cut the sandwich in half and wrap in plastic film. Refrigerate until ready to serve.