For a different flavor, try replacing 1 cup of the kidney beans with canned chickpeas or black-eyed peas.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ small white onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1½ lbs. sirloin steak, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups canned kidney beans, with juice
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- Heat the oil on medium-low in a skillet. Add the onion and red pepper. Sauté until the onion is tender.
- Add the meat and cook on low heat until browned. Do not drain. Stir in the chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic powder. Mix in the kidney beans and the crushed tomatoes.
- Cover the chili and simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes.