Basic French Toast
Have some beaten egg and milk mixture left over? Scramble it in the frying pan and serve it with the French toast.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 slices bread
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the salt and milk.
- Heat the butter or margarine in a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Take a slice of bread and dip one side into the beaten egg, letting it sit for a few seconds to soak up the egg mixture. Turn the bread over and repeat with the other side. Lay the bread flat in the frying pan. Repeat with the other slice of bread.
- Cook until the bread is browned on the bottom, then turn over and repeat with the other side. Remove from the frying pan and sprinkle with sugar and/or the cinnamon, if using. Serve with syrup.