Basic Fried Rice
Fried rice is a quick and delicious way to utilize leftovers.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3½ cups cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and stir until they are lightly scrambled. Remove the eggs and clean out the pan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add in the rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Stir in the peas. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the eggs, scallions, and sesame oil. Serve hot.