Potatoes are a common ingredient in frittatas, but they’re not a necessity. You can vary this recipe according to your tastes and moods.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Peel the potatoes if desired and thinly slice them.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the milk, cheese, and chives.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large ovenproof frying pan. Add the potatoes and onions. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the potatoes, cover, and cook for 3 more minutes. Continue cooking and turning the potatoes every 3 to 5 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
- Pour in the egg mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake uncovered until the egg is thoroughly cooked and set, about 20 minutes.