Basic Homemade Fudge Brownies
Ready in about a half an hour, these rich and fudgy brownies are sure to satisfy all your chocolate cravings.
Serves: 9Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 8”x8” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In microwave safe bowl, place chopped semi-sweet chocolate. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla until pale in color.
- Beat in cooled melted chocolate. Use rubber spatula to fold in flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until desired doneness. Less baking time will make the brownies fudgier.