Basic Mashed Potatoes
A classic side dish that elevates any meal comes together quickly and with little effort.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2½ Tbsp. heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Fill a medium-sized saucepan with enough salted water to cover the potatoes, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook the potatoes in the boiling water until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Drain.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and add the butter. Use a fork or potato masher to whip the potatoes until fluffy. Add the cream as you mix. Stir in the salt and pepper. Garnish with the parsley.