If the eggs are cold, you’ll get a very loose sauce, not a stiff mayonnaise. Set the eggs out until they reach room temperature.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1½ tsp. dry English mustard
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. Splenda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Blend all but the olive oil in a blender.
- Add the oil a teaspoon at a time, and let the mayonnaise thicken slowly. When thick and creamy, refrigerate. This will keep for 4–5 days.