This basic muffin recipe makes a great base for your favorite additions. Stir in
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease well a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with paper cups.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Place the sifted dry ingredients into a bowl and make a well in the center.
- In a second bowl, beat the egg lightly. Add the milk and oil and combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the well in the dry ingredients and combine quickly, until dry ingredients are just moistened. Some lumps will remain in the batter.
- Fill the muffin cups about ⅔ full. Bake about 20 minutes, or until the center tests done.