Basic Polenta with Butter and Cheese
You can enjoy this basic polenta recipe by itself, with different kinds of cheese, or with added meat or veggies.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3½ cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup coarsely ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. butter margarine
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Bring the water to a boil. Add salt. Stir in the cornmeal in a thin stream, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; continue to stir for 20 minutes or until the polenta comes away from the pot.
- Stir in the butter, cheese, pepper, and parsley.