Basic Rice Pilaf
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked regular medium-grain rice
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook the onion in the butter about 3 minutes or until tender but not brown.
- Add the rice and pine nuts. Cook and stir in the butter for about 5 minutes. Add the broth, parsley, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Stir, cover, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 or more minutes, or until water is absorbed. Allow to stand covered at least 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork and serving.