Basic Scalloped Potatoes
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- cooking spray
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 2 to 2½-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Layer about a third of the potato slices. Top with about half the onion, and sprinkle half the flour and seasonings on top. Repeat, ending with a potato layer. Heat the milk (do not scald) and pour over the potatoes. Dot the top with butter.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour; uncover and bake for ½ hour longer, or until potatoes are tender.