Basil Parmigiano-Reggiano Pesto
The key to great pesto is to use fresh ingredients. This is so simple and delicious. Keep pine nuts in your freezer to use whenever you have fresh basil and real Parmigiano-Reggiano around.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Put all ingredients except olive oil in a blender and finely chop. With motor running, drizzle olive oil in until the pesto is smooth. Refrigerate or use immediately.