Basil Pesto Chicken
Tender chicken topped with pesto, melted cheese and juicy tomatoes is the perfect meal for Valentine’s Day and every day.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Kroger Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 3⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, olive oil, salt, pepper, dried basil, dried thyme and dried oregano. Toss to combine.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and add the chicken breasts. Cook on each side for 6-8 minutes, until cooked through.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on each chicken breast and allow the cheese to melt, then remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, toss together the pesto, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of pesto mixture over each chicken breast.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.