Basil Pesto Crostini
Fresh pesto is quick and easy to make in a food processor or blender. Spread it onto slices of toasted baguette (or other rustic bread), sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, and serve as an appetizer, with soup or salad.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 baguette, sliced and lightly toasted
- Into the bowl of a food processor with the motor running, drop garlic cloves through the food chute. Turn off motor and add pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Pulse until uniform. Add basil leaves and pulse until basil is finely chopped. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Spread pesto onto toasted baguette slices and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.