Basil-Rich Marinara Sauce
Spread this flavorful sauce over pizza crust, toss with pasta, and or dip breadsticks into it.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 32 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning mix
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic until translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, stevia, salt, and pepper and stir well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Add basil and simmer another 2 minutes. Serve warm.