This simple pizza should be made in the summer, or whenever fresh tomatoes and basil are available.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 medium tomatoes
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- ½ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 prebaked pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for 2–3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut tomatoes in half and gently squeeze out seeds. Chop tomatoes and combine with oregano, pepper, and basil leaves in small bowl.
- Place crust on cookie sheet or pizza stone. Brush with the garlic mixture. Top with tomato mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until pizza is hot and cheese melts and bubbles. Serve immediately.