Basil Tomato Tilapia Packets
Serve crusty Italian or French bread with these fresh tasting packets to soak up all the yummy juices.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 (4-6 oz.) tilapia filets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Cut four 18”x12” pieces of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray. Place filet in center of each piece.
- In small bowl, mix olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning. Spread about half over filets; turn filets over and spread with remaining mixture. Top with tomato.
- Bring short sides of foil up over fish and seal, using double fold seals. Seal edges and allowing room for heat expansion.
- Place packets on grill seam sides up. Cook 18-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, rotating packets for more even cooking. Carefully unfold packets to serve; sprinkle with basil.
- Refrigerate leftovers.