BBQ Chicken Pasta Skillet
A robust pasta like rotini holds up well in this hearty dish.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium jalapeños, diced, seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 cups Private Selection™ Italian Rotini
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups pulled roasted chicken (safe internal temp. 165°F)
- 3⁄4 cup Private Selection™ Texas Inspired BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and jalapeños; sauté 5–8 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and corn. Simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pasta, chicken broth and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cheese, cilantro, green onion and avocado. Serve immediately, refrigerating any leftovers.