BBQ Fish Filets
Brushing fish with tangy barbecue sauce infuses it with delicious flavor. Serve it up with a wedge of lemon and a side of coleslaw!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 (6 oz.) fish filets, such as catfish, tilapia or other firm white fish
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Private Selection™ Carolina Inspired BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons Kroger® Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- Pat fish dry with paper towel. Place barbecue sauce, flour, milk and cornmeal in separate shallow pans.
- Dip both sides of fish in barbecue sauce. Coat with flour. Dip in milk; then dip in cornmeal to coat entire filet.
- In 10” or 12” nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Cook 2 fish filets 5-8 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Remove from heat; keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and fish.
- Meanwhile, stir together the mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce and garlic to create the barbecue aioli. Serve with fish.